Eating a lot of ice cream the night before a big workout. At least that's how it's been working for me. It was a rather off week for me - lack of motivation, energy, appetite - all signs of overreaching/overtraining. But the night before the two big workouts for the week (Wednesday and Saturday) I had ice cream and the workouts went well. So I had two good workouts this week - Wednesday morning and Saturday. Saturday especially. I was worried that after Thursday and Friday going very slow I was going to blow up on Saturday during a 50 mile bike that turned into 60 miles. Average pace by someone's computer was about 17.8 mph. We did some pacelines and there was one when I got to the front, took off, counted my 30 seconds, slowed down, turned around, and no one was behind me! They were all in a big pack far behind and I was like WTF. Turns out I had taken off and no one caught me... ? It was me and 5 guys from work. After the ride, which ended with me and another guy pulling everyone else, I did a 3 mile run with 2 others. Felt good, along with the swim I did afterwards.
Other than that, it was a fairly blah week. I think I'm having problems adjust my nutrition versus my training, which is a big part of my slowdown.
Week of 03/17 - 03/23
Mon - 7mi run am, 2500m swim/strength training pm
Tues - 30 min trainer am, 1 hr trainer pm (weather was icky and there was no motivation for a swim)
Weds - 2000m swim fast/1 hr strength w/ trainer (Crossfit/Tabata-type workout) am, 9.5mi run pm
Thurs - 30 min trainer am, 5mi run lunch, 3200m swim pm
Fri - 7mi run am, 2800m swim pm
Sat - 60mi bike (~17.8mph avg), 3mi run, 3200m swim
Sun - 45mi (or 42) bike, 2mi run, 3100m swim
Two weeks 'til Spenco...
No comments:
Post a Comment