Monday, July 14, 2008

Hi Stupid

Yes, that would be me. On my run to the Rowing Dock for my lesson this morning, I fell AGAIN. My almost healed palm (that required no Band-Aid yesterday) was scraped open again with an extra scrape and both my knees got banged up. Especially on the left side, as I now have a cut that won't stop bleeding! However, my friend K helped me clean up and apply bandages from the first-aid kit and we still made it through our rowing lesson which was awesome and I was going to go row again after work except laziness got the better of me plus a cold front had just rolled through meaning it was windy and yeah... excuses excuses I suck. But I NEED to fix my problem of falling... new shoes I guess? Considering 2 of the last 8 times I've ran since Buffalo Springs I've fallen and bloodied myself. 'Cause this just ain't cool. (Edited to add: right now I can't even swim or run or I'm not even going to try biking.)

Onto the race... it went surprisingly well considering how unmotivated I felt going into the race. I was mainly worried that I would not be able to better my Danskin time on a similiar course (bike this time was almost a mile short) and it would be pathetic. Plus I was worried my front tire was going to flat.

Total time: 1:23:56
Swim: 20:11
T1: 2:53
Bike: 35:27
T2: 1:17
Run: 24:05
162/827 total
1st in age group
6th team in division

I think the swim was long... or I just don't swim well in Decker Lake. Plus it's like swimming in a bathtub - ridiculously hot. Bike was approximately .2 mph faster than Danskin and I didn't feel like I was trying as hard... I'll chalk that up to the wheels. Run is fastest 5k yet. Surprisingly, as I mentioned in the previous post, I was faster than my friend/partner. Which is funny, because in training for bike and run he is usually faster. I guess this is now motivation for him to train for Jack's Generic, and he should beat me since 1) I have a wedding the night before to go to, 2) a friend from college is coming in for the wedding two days before the race meaning my race routine is disrupted, and 3) I hate the course/area. Which is especially bad since when I hate a bike course my bike time sucks.

The funny thing about this race though was, actually a couple things. One, the day before I had swam a hard 3000m at Saturday swim practice and biked 42 miles, part of them with K and two, I got hit on by no less than 3 guys at the race. Actually that's more creepy/funny, especially since my friends were RIGHT THERE each time. Unfortunately... none were quite up-to-par.

1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

Hope you feel better as the day goes by. Give yourself time to heal!