Tuesday, August 12, 2008

New York, New York

I think some of the rain that has been falling here since I was here last needs to make its way backwards and southwards to Texas. Apparently it's been a very wet late July and August. The hole in the woods in our backyard has become a swamp again and there are WAY TOO MANY mosquitoes. It's almost good I can't really run or anything because I'd be too busy scratching myself. And I've only been here 24 hours.

Speaking of which, the MRI on my knee revealed a bone contusion, aka bone bruise. Which the doctor told me today can take 4-6 months to heal and may cause me arthritis in the future. Lovely. But at least I finally know what it is and it makes sense. The doctor also said I can do whatever as long as there's not pain. So basically I'm supposed to use my best judgement... which well sometimes I don't really think I have any judgement. So far though the elliptical has been okay, and rowing on the erg was okay, and biking in aero position is okay. I found that sitting up straight on the bike puts too much tension on the skin or muscle or whatever and that can be painful. Luckily I prefer aero position anyways so as long as it's not raining tomorrow I can go try to bike outside. And also swim at the club where Heather guards, but again both these activities depend on whether or not its precipitating.

Luckily though the Olympics are on and I am keeping myself entertained. I already do miss Austin though... not the work itself but the people and the weather. I realized I think I do prefer hot and dry weather over wet and humid.

I think I will also go over my fun memories from these past 7-8 months, but I think my brain has shut down for now and this will have to wait.

1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

Glad you found out what is happening with your knee. We already miss you. It has been way too quiet in the dressing room. Cindy is gone and your place is vacant, so I am lonely. PLEASE send us some of that rain!!!