Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Not Quite There

I have an apartment with a bed and a tv. I have no Internet and no car and no bike. I feel in limbo and out of control since I can't control any of those things. I also feel very fat. I haven't swam since last Monday (the 19th) or biked since the Friday (the 16th) before that. I am telling myself though since the first 19 days of January were very hardcore that the last 12 days of January are my rest period.

Totals for "January training camp":
Swim - 58800 yards (21hr41min)
Bike - 13hr25min on trainer
Run - 73.9 miles (10hr12min) (... this looks not right)
XCski - 24hr
Yoga - 7 times
Lift - 3 times (2hr20min)

I've run 6 hours and 28 minutes since I've been here (6 times, average 1 hour each). So I guess not too bad... but after a week of not doing much I'm starting to feel icky.

Real training starts February 1st!!!

3 comments:

Jocelyn Wong Neill said...

if there's no internet, how are you blogging? ;) and where the heck is your bike?! hope all is well. damn 24hrs of XC skiing!! that's like a whole damn day! awesome! see you soon!!

Pat's Place said...

Sounds like you are settling in. It takes time. How is the job?

James said...

How can you live without internet?

Yesterday, my roommate came into the apt right after I sat down to watch TV. I was fiddling around with the remote, and he asked what I was doing. And my honest reply was, "I came here to watch TV because I am restarting my computer...and I needed some kind of screen in front of me."

Sad, right?