So Sarah had the most timely blog post ever earlier this week. When I read it I all of a sudden started to feel a lot better. So it takes time. I guess part of me knew that, but part of me was hoping I'd luck out like I had before and find good people almost immediately. But as of my friend in Austin points out, they are just cool people down there. I have no patience... I think I need to work on that. I think that may be affecting my ability ride long by myself this year. I'm always on edge and jittery, seemingly looking for the next thing. I need to sit back and chill. I noticed this today when all of a sudden my weekend training plans may have been turned over suddenly and that made me really anxious. Luckily I think they are fixed now...
So far this week has been good. I had tough run/bike/swim workouts on Tues/Weds/Thurs respectively, and in my opinion, I think I nailed them. I don't think I had ever run that fast in training before on Tuesday with averages of 7:24 and 7:30 for the two sets of two miles. Like some of you may laugh because that is relatively slow for a lot of you, but considering I've spent the last 4 years in "cruise mode," I consider that an accomplishment. On Wednesday, despite the windiness, I averaged 18.2 mph over 20 miles. My bike really does work well in aero position. And then on Thursday, I completed my 21x100 (well 20x100 but I did an extra just for fun) on the given interval with plenty of energy to spare. I'm nervous about this weekend though... finally surpassing last year in terms of bike mileage. I did long bikes the year before last, but it mostly involved a lot of circles in the cornfields. Alone though.
And in between the training I have to do a lot of driving. Down to Pleasanton tomorrow evening for dinner/staying over at my aunt/uncle's house, then up to Santa Rosa in the morning to ride, and probably back down to Richmond for dinner with friends. Funny thing when I put "richmond, ca" in Google Maps it gave me directions to go to Canada.
I am at 15 hours already for training this week... I have at least 7 hours this weekend. Good thing I don't have a social life... ha.
2 comments:
oh good! I was actually thinking of forwarding Sarah's post to you cuz it totally applies, and lucky enough you guys have actually met. YAY. hang in there. it gets better.
I'm SO glad it helped you. When you told me how you were feeling I really related SO MUCH.
Where did you ride in Santa Rosa this weekend and with whom??? How was it?
Hope you had an awesome weekend! Keep your chin up, girl!
Post a Comment