Jocelyn wants an explanation of why my T1 was so long. First of all, Mirror Lake and the Olympic Oval (transition changing tents, bike racks, gear racks, etc.) are not exactly next to eachother. You stagger out of the water, get your wetsuit ripped off, then have to run down Mirror Lake Drive, cross Main Street, and finally you get into transition area. You're still wet, carrying your wetsuit, and the carpet is slippery.

.1 mile run in no shoes!
And then I had brought both helmets and had to decide which and then put the number sticker on, and stuff my pockets with rain jacket, tubes, pump, etc. Then had to get bike and stuff it with food. Then finally got to mount line in a chaos of people and had to get on bike without falling off.
Plus I normally always have long T1s anyways. Taking my time!
3 comments:
You're selling yourself short, missy:
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3060547
I'm still amazed at your accomplishment! You were the talk of the dressing room last week!!
ohhhh. ahahahahahaha
i bet deciding which helmet took longer than running that mile ;)
Post a Comment