Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Five States

So I made it to five states in between October 6 and November 9, pretty much a month. Hawaii for the Ironman, back to California, Texas for a wedding, then California, up to Oregon twice for work, and finally to Florida (hahaha thanks Heather!) to spectate IM Florida. I spent A LOT of time flying, but it was all good. And now my sleep schedule is all messed up and I am blogging at almost midnight on a Tuesday night. But I only got under 20 hours of sleep between Thursday night and Monday and then 10.5 hours of sleep Monday night... ha.

Went to Panama City Beach, FL, most recently this past weekend to sherpa Jocelyn for Ironman Florida. Stayed with her teammate Scottie's family at this crazy condo on the beach, about a mile from the start. Spectating an Ironman is almost as tiring as doing one, and I got injured too! My left foot has been hurting since Sunday morning... figures. But it seems to slowly be getting better. Out of all the Ironmans I've been too, Florida seems like the biggest party. Which was great timing since I wasn't with my parents. Met some cool people, drank lots, good times.

So the off-season is in full swing. What with work and traveling consistency has not been my strong point. And with a foot in pain right now I'll have to lay off the running. BUT I am appreciating this flexibility and will continue it for at least the next 3 weekends, at least that's as far I can think about making plans. Currently looks like Soda will come up this weekend to hang out on Saturday evening in Midtown and we will ride on Sunday! Next weekend she says there is a time trial in the north Bay Area so I will go visit that area. And then the following weekend is Thanksgiving so will be in the Bay Area then. I'm looking forward to it! And it looks like CIM is out of the question with a bum foot, but maybe that is for the better.

(And no Olga I have not finished the apple cider... I actually haven't even touched it since the day I got it! Oops...)

3 comments:

Olga said...

Wow, I had no idea you went to Hawaii and Florida after you were here - that's a lot of traveling!

It's funny that you still have the cider :) It's going to be one of those things that you get rid of once you're moving?

Pat's Place said...

Lots of neat experiences. Glad for you, but sleep is good too.

HHF3 said...

I was not aware IM Florida was in Hawaii.