No, not me. I'm not that cool. But I have several friends this summer who will be doing the exact thing, across the United States, albeit going in opposite directions.
Heather is participating in Bike & Build, a program where the participants bike across country while raising awareness for the need of affordable housing. Along their journey, they stop to help construct houses. The riders must raise money that will go towards funding the program's values. Heather is riding from New Hampshire to Vancouver, and will hopefully arrive just in time for IM Canada!
My cycling friends from work, including Marcus, are participating in Team Will. Team Will is raising awareness and money for childhood cancer. These guys will be riding from San Francisco to Kitty Hawk, NC. That's 3600 miles... which they will be covering in 10 days. Read the website for more details, it confuses me whenever I try to explain!
1 comment:
My son is riding in the MS 150 from Houston to Austin this coming weekend and I thought THAT was a long distance. 3600 miles is unbelieveable!
Post a Comment