Monday, May 24, 2010

Go Time!

Lots to blog about... or not. Tour of California came through... I did a fast ride yesterday and was able to hang aside from the going up Salmon Falls Rd which I never get any better at... But that can wait!

Starting this Saturday through the 18th of July (aside from Fourth of July weekend in which I'll be in Austin so it doesn't count as downtime), I will be racing or riding every weekend!
May 29 - Folsom crit (put on by my former team) - going to try a crit, hope to stay upright and not do anything stupid
June 6 - Tri for Real olympic distance - testing myself, can I go all out
June 12 - Auburn Century 110 miles - I really liked this ride last year, well organized, ride director was actually driving around the course to oversee, excellent aid stations (including one with pie!), involves the Iowa Hill time trial which I will do on my road bike this year
June 13 - 5k at work - lead out by Team Will, the group of guys I ride with, going to try to go all out here too
June 19 - either Pescadero road race or will try to go to the Rivera ride in Sonoma County since I haven't seen my Sonoma County friends in awhile!
June 27 - Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 - A-RACE - hoping it doesn't rain this time, another test, try to bike and run hard, swimming is a lost cause right now
July 3/4 - in Austin, chilling or something
July 10 - Death Ride!!! - 129 miles, 15000 feet climbing
July 18 - Vineman 70.3 - finally just got off the waitlist, another test, it's flatter than BSLT I think so this might give me a faster time

Then rest. The next 8 weeks will be a test of how well I can train, race, and recover. Oh, and does anyone have a place for me to stay near Windsor?

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Sounds like a very busy couple of months ahead. You can say hi to me when you come to Austin. We will be staying in the house across the street from our construction!

Lee the Cyclist said...

That sounds like an awesome 8 weeks. Don't forget to focus on the recover part and let us know how the events go. I really want to hear your experience from your first crit.