Friday, September 3, 2010

Jealous

I am envious of all the Kona competitors who can train and race normally right now! I'm reading all the blogs and tweets about people putting in massive hours of training and doing super well at races and here I am, gimp. Borderline emotional eating, in fact.

I'm trying to stay positive, really I am, but each day that it still hurts and I can't run like I want to is more and more frustrating. Looking back at IMC I remember a few things in a positive light, so here goes.

  • Getting to see my family as a whole for the first time since Christmas
  • Having a super awesome massage therapist who really was super awesome and cheered for me on the bike course
  • Getting lots and lots of compliments on the Team Rev West County Revolution jersey and arm warmers I was sportin' since it was so damn cold
  • Having a few nice chats on the days before the race and on the bike course with the other competitors (I really wasn't racing!)
  • Getting to see my coach finish his first Ironman in 5 years
  • Fastest 2.4 mile swim time even with the course being short (assuming course was 200m short, swim time would have been about 1:14
Motioning to my mother and sister on the sidelines that I was DONE

And most importantly, learning that I can pretty much ride 112 miles with one leg, in 7 hours! Now just imagine if I had two legs!

2 comments:

Lee the Cyclist said...

Hey Amy - Hang in there as I am sure you will be 100% soon. If not in time for Kona then take the pressure off and just go have fun with it. I don't think this is your only shot at the big one.

Maggs said...

nice arm warmers! my friend amber is #1919. See you in Kona.