Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Show-off at Pflugerville
A quick recap of the Lake Pflugerville sprint tri a couple weekends ago. Swam faster, biked faster, and ran faster for an improvement of 30 seconds over last year despite feeling worse in the water leading up to the race and race day being much windier than last year. Oh and also the rookie mistake of trying to rack my bike on the wrong rack in T2.
Started in the last wave which is always fun. Was 2nd out of the water in the under 29 female wave, after some 19 year old. Spent the entire time on the bike passing people. Texas cyclists are eerily similar to Texas drivers in terms of abiding by the rules. Had 1 woman dart out into the left portion of the lane right in front of me when I was trying to pass and then refused to move over (3-abreast) when I called "on your left." Had another woman yell "Show off" as I passed. Okay? This is a race? Am I not supposed to go that fast? That was probably my favorite.
The run course always feels like the longest 3 miles of my life. Just like last year I got passed by some girl at the start and then passed her back and forth along the course. She was in the 20-24 age group. My running form is rather off right now due to an inflamed knee and awkward gimpy-ness left over from IMTX. It's pretty horrific to watch and probably slows me down and makes running a lot harder than it should be. The girl flew by me in the finish chute, so probably ruined any finish line photos (not that I care), but it was kind of humorous. It's a local sprint after all.
Huge Moxie presence out at the race, pretty well run, overall a good time. Buffalo Springs Lake 70.3 this coming weekend. I'm starting to realize I've painted a much nicer picture of the course in my head than in actuality, but I'm just going to approach it like Wildflower 2013. Do as best as I can but try not to set any time goals. We'll see. Lots of Austin and Moxie people will be out. Weather and my knee could make for an interesting race.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment