Thursday, May 29, 2008

Not Enough Hours!

So working 9ish hours a day is not conducive to also being able to train 2-3 hours a day, eat, relax, and get 8 hours of sleep. Nope, doesn't work. I get up 5:25-5:45am, am at the gym between 6:10-6:30am, swim/strength train for 1-1.5 hours, at work by 8:15-8:30am. Work until 5:15-5:45, get home 5:30-6pm, run or bike or bike/run until 7:35-7:45, eat quickly, pack lunch for next day, get ready for bed, sleep. Dinner has consisted of microwaved veggies and ice cream. As a friend said, "Healthy... but not." Anyways, got to fix this... either work less or train less... or eat more at work, but I already seem to be eating all the time so I'm not sure how that's going to fly.

ANYWAYS, the Capital of Texas Triathlon was this past weekend. I raced the Olympic distance (1500m swim, 40km bike, 10km run). Results are as follows:

Clock Time 2:48:19
Chip Time 2:48:19
Overall Place 417 / 1442
Gender Place 93 / 570
Division Place 6 / 20
Time Back 47:08
1500M Swim Rank 463
1500M Swim Time 32:14
1500M Swim Pace 2:09/M
T1 Time 04:43
40K Bike Rank 636
40K Bike Time 1:16:10
40K Bike Pace 19.5MPH
T2 Time 02:38
10K Run Rank 288
10K Run Time 52:32
10K Run Pace 8:28/M

Not bad considering it was 80 degrees when I walked to the race at 5:30am and my wave did not go off until 7:45m. 5 minutes better than the Olympic distance I raced last September. Will give a better recap this weekend.

Week of 05/19-05/25:
Mon - 2500m swim, 6? mi run
Tues - 2500m swim, 6.4 mi run (at work), 45 min bike trainer
Weds - 1 hr strength (lifting), something bike/run I can't remember
Thurs - 2500m swim, 45 min bike/4.5 mi run
Fri - 2500m swim, 4 mi run (at work)
Sat - 16 mi bike, 1000m swim
Sun - RACE

My memory is getting bad. But it is already Thursday of the next week, which means it's almost the weekend. WHAT! It feels like it was just the weekend. The good and bad of Memorial Day I guess, but I shouldn't complain. Going to attempt the Real Ale Ride out in Blanco on Saturday - either the 65 or 80 mile route, we will see. Then hopefully a short bike and long run on Sunday. I also have to do my laundry but one of the residents of this apartment complex creeps me out and I'm afraid to go to the laundry room. Hell, right now I'm afraid to go check my mail.

1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

Amy, I really like your blog. Nice one for someone training. Makes me feel like a slug although I am doing things all day long and still NOT ENOUGH HOURS in my day either!

Stay safe in your laundry room!