Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Sketchy Scotia

So in the four or five years that I have been gone or at least have stopped paying attention to the town where I grew up in, it appears lots of random people have taken over the area. I have never felt so creeped out at the local fried food/ice cream place than when I went with my mother and sister yesterday. That and there are random people walking down the side of the road and down the middle of the road. Okay, maybe those are just dumb kids. I am so glad I get to leave this town, even though the more time I spent away from them, the more I appreciate my family. I just wished they lived somewhere nicer. And somewhere where the county takes care of the roads and I don't have to dodge potholes while going 20 mph on my bike. The first day I rode ny bike around the neighborhood I was almost taken out by a large one.

My knee seems to be improving, at least it's not really painful unless I pull up improperly on my bike pedal or bend it too fast when i wake up in the morning. Swimming is good and biking is good and elliptical-ing is good. I even tried "running" around my yard on Sunday and had my dad watch, but I think it's like my walking - I have to relearn to run. I am no longer lifting my knee and extending it... it's more like a hop. But that's okay... I actually prefer being on the elliptical now since I get to watch the Olympics... although for me they are now mostly over. All the good stuff is done. Michael Phelps won his 8 golds - amazing - and he's only a year older than me. Dara Torres got some silvers - she is also amazing. So is Jason Lezak and Rebecca Soni and all the other US swimmers. Rowing was also cool - Michelle Guerette got silver in sculls - and I unfortunately have realized I am way too short to ever be successful at competitive rowing. Kristin Armstrong won the women's time trial. And triathlon was on the Internet... uh what? Women's trampoline was on tv and all the news shows have been talking about how BMX racing premieres in the games tonight! WTF! That and the gymnastics judging still seems to be sort of off, Luckily now I am done being addicted to the Olympics and can start packing.

I really do not want to go back to school. I feel I am done with the school thing and ready to work. The only good part of school is the vacations. It's going to be a longgg 4 months, especially since I will have to be hitting up the gym a lot and only able to sign up for 30 minute elliptical trainer blocks. And the pool is indoors... I miss the Hills already!

1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

The Hills misses you already also. It has been SO QUIET in our locker aisle this week with both you and Cindy gone. Chris asked about you and I told her I had read your blog entry and thought you were improving. Seems like the knee will work again like normal--sooner or later. My son with the knee problems is training for a triathelon at Lake Tanglewood near Amarillo. His wife made him sign a waiver saying that he would not grumble if he messed up his knee again. Smart woman!