I said I had no excuses right? As I found though, there is simply never enough time to study everything. And my brain doesn't remember everything. So I had one mediocre final and one very bad final. So that may mean my very first D in a class ever. But I guess at least the exams themselves are over and now it's just the waiting... and waiting.
And I guess while I wait I will also be sick. The combination of exams, not sleeping, and not eating well (though eating lots) have exhausted me. That and the swimming. I have swam the past 8 consecutive days for a total of over 30,000 yards. So as of today, I have beat my Slowtwitch goal of swimming 60,000 yards for December. And luckily I think my swimming has improved with it. Swam 2 50s yesterday at 41 seconds apiece. And my technique is no longer falling apart when I swim long. Aside from today, it is time that is my limiter on how much I can swim.
I have also concluded that using the elliptical trainer at too high a resistance messes up my knee. It's okay at lower resistances but I think when I have to push down too hard my knee doesn't track properly which is painful.
Graduation ceremony is on Saturday. And then I go home! I realized I will miss Champaign-Urbana though. I was so scared coming here as a freshmen but then I made some other out-of-state friends (see post below) and felt better. My friends have changed, I have changed, but this place will always be the same. Even though it was concrete, I always appreciated being able to go out the door and run without being afraid of being hit (although I was hit once freshmen year when I was crossing at an intersection). That and being able to get to the country roads, albeit flat, within a couple miles from wherever I lived. Biking out in the lesser-travelled roads is much preferred to exhaust and fast cars. However though, I am glad I got to miss 2 winters here since winter has come early this year. Freezing temperatures and freezing rain and snow and tonight there will be ice... I wear 2 pairs of pants and socks and several layers of shirts and still can't stay warm! And I have even developed lots of insulation in the past couple months! Luckily a month or so until warmth again.
No comments:
Post a Comment