Friday, June 26, 2009

The Great Experiment

How little sleep can I get by on while still training 20 hours a week? We will see... tomorrow is another 7 hour ride and then a brick run... and it will be in the triple digits. And then Sunday is my longest run. I feel like I'm back in college when I would get 6-7 hours of sleep and then go run.

I am also trying to figure out where all my time went... training fewer hours per week and also sleeping less. Oh right, work. But that's a whole other story. And something else too, but that is yet another tale in itself.

Does anyone know if it's illegal to work through lunch while an exempt employee?

3 comments:

El-ahrairah said...

I think you are required to take the lunch break. You can do work but it's not "charged".

Or that's how it worked @ NV. I think @ LM & Raytheon we could "work thru" lunch, and of course no one did real work then heh.

HHF3 said...

SLEEP!!!!! REST!!!!!
Rest is when your body grows and becomes stronger, not during the actual exercise... I feel like there was a nytimes article to that effect somewhat recently. You may not have control over the work situ, but you definitely have control over the other one!

Don't know about the working through lunch part. The federal government gives us a paid 30 minute lunch break; anything more than that and we have to make it up at some point. What do you mean by exempt employee?

Jocelyn Wong Neill said...

i have no idea what you're talking about. i don't get a lunch break.