Sunday, June 14, 2009

"I tri, therefore IM"

Title is courtesy of Heather, who is also requesting this update. I was waiting to make sure I could say this: 27 hours and 12 minutes of training in this past week. That is equal to 55 minutes of lifting, 15,550 yards swam, 218 miles biked, and 42 miles run. Biggest week EVER! And I feel pretty good at the end of it.

Yesterday was my longest bike ever, at 113 miles. It took over 8 hours to complete but it was all easy easy riding. I know that because my average heart rate was only 130 bpm and I spent pretty much the entire time talking to Stan. I also rode the entire thing on my tri bike to test it out for Lake Placid. I think it will work.

And not only did I train a lot, I was working over 40 hours. I finished the second week in my current group... and realized most of my coworkers aren't so bad. I like that they are all relatively new college graduates so we're about the same age. However, my mentor still appears to have a stick up his ass.

Okay I have nothing insightful to say right now.

4 comments:

Pat's Place said...

I hope your knee is better. And glad your co-workers are better. Hang in there! When is Lake Placid??

HHF3 said...

Oh man, a shoutout!! I feel so special. :)

And super kudos for biggest week ever, you rock! I'm excited for LP already just to watch you whiz by at a million miles an hour (in all three disciplines).

Jocelyn Wong Neill said...

HOORAY BIGGEST WEEK EVER!! like that TV show, Best Week Ever :D great to hear this, you outdid me by 5 hrs last week. hehehe. watch out Placid!

Kelly said...

holy shit, thats a lot. i've never done close to that much