Saturday, February 9, 2008

Bike Run Bike

So this morning I did the opposite of a duathlon (run-bike-run). First my coworkers (friends) and I (3 total) did 2 loops on Mopac/45, which is 8 miles per loop. 16 miles was enough for them... though not for me. However, one of them wanted to do a short transition run to get our legs back into biking->running, so we ran about 18 minutes after the initial ride. Then he went home and I hopped back onto my bike (took it out of the car first) and did another 2 loops on Mopac and 2 loops on the Veloway (3 mile loop). I forgot I ride so much harder during group rides, especially since I almost always ride with guys. I actually have only done one group ride with 2 other women. On the out part (it's an out and back loop), I trailed in the back trying not to draft. But once we made the turnaround, I got into aero and took off, basically "pulling" the guys. Although me in aero (and me in general) isn't a very good wind blocker. On the second loop my friend said I was going 22-23 mph in aero. Not bad... no wonder my legs hurt so much after. But a good hurt... not a dammit-I'm-injured hurt.

Although now my back hurts... maybe need to do more back exercises. Will post weekly total tomorrow after my short-long run. And also need to start working on my tri training plan.

No comments: