Saturday, November 22, 2008

Next Season

I was inspired by some blogs who have started to post next year's lineup. So I decided to start work on mine.

May 2 - Napa Valley Vintage Half Ironman - wine country!
May 31 - Auburn Triathlon - half distance - I think this is known as World's Toughest Half and it's just a town or two away from me
June 13 - Boise 70.3 - if something doesn't work out with the above races
July 26 - Ironman Lake Placid - already signed up so definite as long as I am in one piece
October 18 - Longhorn 70.3 - I am not signed up but this is almost as good as for sure! It's on my favorite course around Decker Lake and northeast Austin.

Plus some sprints and Olympics scattered in. The date for the Cap Tex Tri in Austin hasn't been announced yet but I was thinking about doing that. I think there's also a tri that happens right in Lake Natoma in Folsom in September so I'll probably do that.

Thinking about next year already feels overwhelming. I feel like I should be taking a step back and not doing anything at all, but then I just think about how fat I'm going to get. Viscious cycle! I did take rest days on both Tuesday and today though.

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Glad you are taking some rest days. We all need those also. I need one today because my grandkids (2 and 3 months) just left and I am pooped! I kept them while son and daughter-in-law did some much-needed shopping alone. Whew! I think I am OUT OF SHAPE!

Jocelyn Wong Neill said...

World's Toughest Half is brutal!! Brutal!!! but you like hills right?? you'll do fine then. Boise is on my list you know, and Vineman you'll have to come see, and I've also done the Folsom Tri (the Oly). yup yup races races everywhere!