Usually when I am in a bad mood I like to blog. But apparently I am in such a foul mood that I don't even know what to say here.
I did a 2.4 mile open water swim "race" this morning. It was really windy though (we have both wind and super hills here) and one of the buoys got blown off course so the swim was short. My time was a 59:30, which was second to last in the 20-20 age group (haha) but at least I was not tired at the end. I wasn't sure how it was going to go because I've been slightly nauseous since Thursday evening, I swam 4000 yards after work on Friday, my head was throbbing, and I was (am) sleep-deprived. The wind made the water super choppy and I swallowed more lake water than I cared to and actually ended up choking, especially on the second lap. Not pleasant. Towards the end of the last loop I got so fed up with the waves and swallowing water that I tried to pick up the pace. I don't really think it worked, but I got out and felt completely fine. Only thing that bothered me was my right arm because I sight in such a way that the arm gets strained more than my left. Still wondering if I should get a full-sleeve wetsuit for Lake Placid. I think the water temperature today was around 75, but I've lost more weight lately and I was cold. Even my sleeveless wetsuit seemed looser around the middle. Argh. It certainly helps with the running but I'm not sure about my general health. I think I've hit the bottom, but the bottom seemed to keep dropping.
1 comment:
Uh! Believe it is time for a physical, blood work, etc.
Post a Comment