Saturday, September 6, 2008

A Real Aquabike

I did a half iron distance aquabike this morning. 1.2 mile swim and 56 mile bike. Felt really good for both despite the last time that I biked anywhere near 56 miles was Buffalo Springs and before that. The two weeks after that were somewhere 40, mid-40s in terms of mileage and since I hurt my knee, the most I'd biked was 35 miles last Sunday in Austin. So I have to say I am proud of myself, especially since I cut off at least 15 minutes from my time last year on a similiar course. There seemed to be actually more hills this time around, and a headwind coming from the north. My Garmin said average mph of 18 for 55.62 miles. I hit the start button a bit late since initially when I started on the bike my chain was in the middle ring instead of the big ring so I wasted time fiddling with my gears. Luckily got it into the big ring and remained there for the ride entirety. Including the hills, er steep inclines. Nothing compared to Austin of course.

Will post official times once they are posted...

1 comment:

Pat's Place said...

Congratulations! Sounds like your knee is much better.