Sunday, September 14, 2008

Two months

ago I fell while running and have not run outside since. However, today I did manage 45 minutes on the treadmill averaging 6mph (walked 2 minutes within the 45 minutes). Hopefully in the next week or so I will attempt to run outside. I am actually almost liking having to go the gym now since I get to watch tv there. The house I am living in does not have cable and the antenna can be flaky, especially in bad weather. The house also does not have a dryer so I have to go the laundromat to dry my clothes. The bright side to that is that there is also cable there.

So I have concluded after living in a house for 3 or so weeks (and listening to my friends in Austin who own homes) is that I do not want to be a homeowner. I do not want to responsible for mowing the lawn (which I had to do yesterday instead of doing homework) or pest control. At the very least, I will never buy an older home. I do not want to go into the basement and walk through a bunch of spiderwebs and then see huge spiders and other icky insects.

Totals for the week:
Biking - 5.5 hrs (approximately) 85 miles
Treadmill - 2hrs25minutes
Elliptical - 3hrs20minutes
Swimming - 12364 meters (+ maybe another 2500m today)

The silver lining to not running is that I think my swimming has gotten somewhat better and my biking has improved since last year, at least in the cornfields. Last summer I remember averaging 13 mph, 12mph with wind, and so far since I've been back I've been doing 15.5-16mph and it only dropped to 14.7mph yesterday with winds of around 15mph and gusts around 30mph.

2 comments:

Pat's Place said...

Sounds like you are settling in there in the cornfields. Good luck with your semester AND your running!

James said...

I don't want to be a homeowner either. I can barely stand doing the dishes and taking out the trash at the apt. =_=

Do you have any roommates this year?