Sunday, September 7, 2008

Yay and Boo

http://www.mattoonbeachtri.com/GreatIllini/08results/GREAT%20ILLINI%20HALF%20AQUA-BIKE.HTM

Slower swim but faster bike than I thought:
Swim (1.2 miles) = 39:23 (4 minutes faster than last year)
Bike (56 miles) = 3:06:01 (19 minutes faster than last year)
T1 = 4:04 (had to put on brace and get Garmin working)

I don't know if I was supposed to learn any lessons from this, since I did nothing "correct" in preparation for this, except for maybe rest days and carbo-loading.

The kicker is, had I been able to run, I probably could have gotten 3rd my age group. And I don't think I would have gone any slower on the bike since my strategy usually is go as hard as I can on the bike (since generally I don't go very hard it doesn't really have an effect) and then run as hard as I can. Boo. Dumb knee.

ETA: I think I ought to start keeping track of my weekly totals again. Not what I did daily, but total meters/mileage for the week. For some reason the pools here are in yards so I'm converting to meters.

Swim: (including Austin Tri oly swim and Great Illini half swim) 17680 meters
Bike: (including Austin Tri oly bike and Great Illini half bike) 24 + 32 + 24 + 56 = 126 miles + 35 minutes on trainer

Plus I think 2 30 minute sessions on the treadmill and maybe 1 hour 20 minutes on elliptical.

Time for work. I think I need to cut down the alloted time for exercise. Sigh.

No comments: